Put Colonial Life to Work for You
Brokers like you trust us to help differentiate and grow their businesses at no cost and deliver valuable benefits solutions to their clients. Colonial Life has been a leader in the voluntary benefits industry for more than 70 years, and we were a pioneer of worksite marketing more than 50 years ago. We have a rich history in this business and an award-winning reputation for hassle-free service, innovation and products. When you put Colonial Life to work, we’ll act as an extension of your team. You’ll stay in complete control of your client relationships, invest less of your own time, money and effort and still get…
More for YOUR Agency
Turn-key Enrollment Capabilities
Let us do the work.
● Core and voluntary.
● Support for all case sizes (3+ lives).
● Single and multi-site.
● Local benefits counselors/national network.
● Dedicated corporate team for large case management.
● Data collection and daily enrollment reporting.
● Long-term commitment – first year enrollments, new hires and annual re-enrollments.
● Maximum flexibility with our Harmony enrollment system
(1-to-1, group meetings, call center, co-browse, self-enroll).
1-to-1 Benefits Counseling
Build trust through education and expertise.
● Personify our competitive advantage.
● Role-specialize in counseling.
● Can meet with every employee.
● Educate employees on the total benefits package.
● Improve employees’ understanding and appreciation of benefits.
● Listen and propose needs-based product solutions.
● Can be graded by employees after every enrollment.
● Are measured against business quality standards.
● Can be compensated through commission or per-diem options.
Make money with our model, save money with our capabilities.
● 1-to-1 benefits counseling model drives total enrollment participation and yields up to 46% more voluntary revenue.1
● Commissions are competitive and hard-coded.
● There’s no need to split commissions.
● No investments are required in outside or in-house enrollment capabilities.
More for YOUR Clients
Communication and Education Tools
Give benefits the credit they deserve.
Cost Control Strategies
Save businesses money.
● Group and individual voluntary benefits:
- Enable cost-reducing benefits plan redesign strategies.
- Provide solutions for employees with high-deductible medical plans.
- Can be compatible with Health Savings Accounts.
- Supplement current carriers.
- Enhance benefits offerings.
● Wellness and health promotion strategies.
- Colonial Life will pay for choice of one of the following wellness programs:
– Onsite wellness screening.
– Health Risk Assessment with online health portal.
– 24/7 NurseLine.
- Colonial Life Wellness Check-Ups.
- Wellness discount card.
- Wellness benefits in select Colonial Life voluntary insurance products.
● Dependent verification.
● Premium-Only-Plans through our alliance partners.
Consumer-driven Product Solutions
Offer choices that fit individual lifestyles.
● Flexible underwriting options.
● Colonial Life products are not directly impacted by health care reform.
Accident Hospital confinement indemnity
Cancer Life: term, whole, universal (with long-term care rider option available)
Critical Illness Short-term Disability
Benefits Administration Services
Add value by making the job easier.
● Hassle-free electronic billing, payments and reporting for Colonial Life products.
● Online HR assistance and other plan administrator tools.
● Section 125 implementation and compliance support through our alliance partners.
● Insurance beneficiary audit.
Colonial Life is preferred by brokers like you.
● Named No. 1 worksite/voluntary benefits company by members of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
● Voted best at working with brokers seven straight years.5
● Earned 30 top honors in seven years recognizing service, innovation and products.
1 Assume:100-life account, 50% participation, $707 annual premium per person, 75% collected premium rate and Colonial Life product mix of 30% disability, 30% group hospital confinement indemnity and 40% universal life insurance. This is an estimate only. Results may vary based on actual performance levels and other factors.
2 Programs available to new accounts at no direct cost to client for first year if 75% POPS (Percentage of People Seen) is achieved during enrollment. A minimum of two Colonial Life products must be offered, memos of understanding must be received prior to enrollment and Harmony® must be used as the enrollment tool (with census data pre-loaded). There must be a minimum of 100 lives to qualify for the Health Risk Assessment or NurseLine program or a minimum of 300 lives to qualify for the onsite wellness screening. See a Colonial Life benefits representative for complete details.
3 Underwriting options are available on select Colonial Life products. Account and case size limitations apply. See a Colonial Life benefits representative for complete details.
4 National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) members, 2010.
5 Benefits Selling Readers’ Choice Awards, 2006-2012.
Products vary by state and may not be available in all states.